LC Lifestyle PTY Limited is the Exclusive Franchisee of OSIM International Ltd in New Zealand. In keeping with our Value of Respect, LC Lifestyle PTY Limited (Trading as “OSIM New Zealand”) recognises the importance of the privacy of individuals who have dealings with OSIM New Zealand, such as customers, suppliers and employees. OSIM New Zealand is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles, to the extent required by the Privacy Act 1988. This policy outlines how OSIM New Zealand collect, use and manage personal information.
1.1 Personal information OSIM New Zealand Collects
OSIM New Zealand collects personal information where reasonably necessary for its functions and activities. Personal information that OSIM New Zealand may hold includes the following:
- name, address and contact details;
- date of birth;
- employment and income details;
- bank account details;
- details of the products and services provided to an individual by OSIM New Zealand;
- details of an individual’s dealings with OSIM New Zealand, including records of telephone, email and online
- credit-related personal information (see section 1.4 below).
1.2 How OSIM New Zealand Collects Personal Information
OSIM New Zealand collects personal information directly from an individual where reasonable and practical. OSIM New Zealand may also collect such information from other sources, including:
- other entities who provide services to OSIM New Zealand related to the products and services provided to an
- individual by OSIM New Zealand;
- publicly available sources of information;
- an individual’s representatives (e.g. spouse, professional adviser);
1.3 How OSIM New Zealand Uses Personal Information and to Whom it is Disclosed
OSIM New Zealand collects, uses and discloses personal information generally to provide an individual with products and services requested, and to respond to queries. OSIM New Zealand may also use personal information to make an individual aware of OSIM New Zealand’s other products and services or offerings provided by OSIM New Zealand in conjunction with its business partners or associates. OSIM New Zealand may not be able to do these things without the individual’s personal information. OSIM New Zealand may also collect, use and disclose personal information in connection with potential or actual unlawful activity, misconduct or transfers of OSIM New Zealand’s business or assets.
OSIM New Zealand understands the importance of keeping personal information private and only discloses such information to third parties in limited circumstances. Third parties with whom OSIM New Zealand usually exchanges information include:
- credit providers and credit reporting agencies;
- an individual’s representatives;
- OSIM New Zealand’s professional advisers including legal, accounting, auditing and business consulting advisers;
- government and regulatory authorities;
OSIM New Zealand also exchanges personal information with contractors who manage services provided to an individual on OSIM New Zealand’s behalf, or who provide services to OSIM New Zealand, including:
- mailing and delivery services;
- billing and debt recovery functions;
- customer injury services;
- marketing functions;
- website data management and technology services.
Parties to which OSIM New Zealand discloses personal information may be located in New Zealand and other countries.
1.4 Credit-Related Personal Information
OSIM New Zealand sometimes provides products and services to customers on credit. In connection with this credit, OSIM New Zealand does in some cases handle certain consumer credit-related personal information described below (credit-related personal information), including information from credit reporting bodies (CRBs). For example, OSIM New Zealand may handle this information in providing credit to sole traders, or where individuals such as directors provide personal guarantees for credit OSIM New Zealand provides to their companies.
OSIM New Zealand may collect and hold any types of credit-related personal information about an individual permitted under the Privacy Act, including:
- name, sex, date of birth, driver’s licence number, employer and three most recent addresses;
- confirmation of previous information requests to CRBs made by other credit providers and credit insurers about the individual;
- details of previous credit applications, including the amount and type of credit and credit limit;
- details of current and previous credit arrangements, including credit providers, start/end dates and certain terms and conditions;
- permitted payment default information, including information about related payment arrangements and subsequent repayment;
- information about serious credit infringements (e.g. fraud);
- information about adverse court judgments and insolvency;
- publicly available information about the individual’s credit worthiness;
- any credit score or credit risk assessment indicating a CRB’s or credit provider's analysis of the individual’s eligibility for consumer credit.
This information may include information about an individual’s arrangements with other credit providers as well as with OSIM New Zealand.
OSIM New Zealand may disclose credit-related personal information to CRBs to assist the CRBs to maintain information about individuals to provide to other credit providers for credit assessments. OSIM New Zealand may collect credit-related personal information from CRBs for purposes including, to the extent permitted by law, to assess relevant credit or guarantee applications, manage and review the credit or guarantee, assign debts, collect overdue payments and
produce assessments and ratings in respect of the individual’s credit worthiness. OSIM New Zealand may also exchange credit-related personal information with guarantors, debt buyers and other credit providers.
The CRBs OSIM New Zealand may use include:
- Veda, PO Box 964 North Sydney 2059, www.mycreditfile.com.au, 1300 762 207;
- Credit Works Australia, Suite 1218, 100 Walker Street, North Sydney, NSW, 2060,
www.creditworks.com.au, email@example.com, (02) 8188 2363.
Under the Privacy Act, individuals may request CRBs not to:
- use their credit-related personal information to determine their eligibility to receive direct marketing from credit providers; and
- use or disclose their credit information, if they have been or are likely to be a victim of fraud.
1.5 How OSIM New Zealand Stores Personal Information
OSIM New Zealand stores personal information at its own premises and with the assistance of its service providers. OSIM New Zealand maintains strict procedures and standards and takes a range of steps to prevent unauthorised access to, or disclosure of, personal information and protect an individual’s information from misuse or loss. Once an individual’s information is no longer needed by OSIM New Zealand, reasonable steps are taken to destroy or de-identify it.
1.6 Accessing and Updating Personal Information
In most cases an individual can gain access to or update personal information held by OSIM New Zealand. To make a request to access or update personal information held by OSIM New Zealand, contact OSIM New Zealand in writing. OSIM New Zealand may need to verify your identity. OSIM New Zealand may charge a fee to cover the cost of retrieving and copying requested information.
1.7 Complaints and Further Information
Further information may be obtained about how OSIM New Zealand manages personal information from the Privacy Officer (see contact details below). If an individual believes that OSIM New Zealand has breached its privacy obligations
or that individual’s privacy rights in any way, a complaint can be made to the Privacy Officer (see contact details below). OSIM New Zealand will endeavour to act promptly in response to a complaint.
1.8 OSIM New Zealand Contact Details
Please contact OSIM New Zealand about privacy-related issues by post, facsimile or email:
The Privacy Officer
OSIM New Zealand
PO Box 8386
Parramatta Westfield NSW 2150
1.9 Updates to this Policy